Carl Daikeler, CEO of Beachbody
I’m a sugar-a-holic. Yes! I admit it. I love anything chocolate, anything sweet. I’m the one that used to eat Snickers and drink Dr. Pepper for breakfast then eat more sugar for lunch and for an afternoon snack because I felt jittery and self diagnosed myself as having low blood sugar. CRAZY!
I no longer eat Snickers or drink Dr. Pepper and have reduced my sugar intake tremendously. I don’t deny myself sweets, but I only eat them every once in a while. Usually for special occasions like birthday parties or some sort of celebration.
Wash hands very well and remove any jewelry. Combine all ingredients into a bowl (I use my Pampered Chef glass measuring bowl) and go to town mixing with your hands! Then roll into balls and press flat to make cookies. Stick in the freezer for a couple of hours and voila! I’m not a baker, I’m not a chef, I screw up most things I make, but I can do this! Keep refrigerated if you have any left over 😉
As a health and fitness coach, I’m constantly preaching “DRINK YOUR WATER!” because it is so important to be hydrated. As a busy mom, I’m always trying to get the water intake figured out. I’ve set out so many bottles of water, I’ve done the pretty water bottle container thing, the wrist band switch, the carry a gallon jug around method..honestly, I’VE TRIED IT ALL!
I was recently approached by a friend of a friend that knows I’m very health conscious..it’s my living, I am a product of the product and I believe in our workouts, dense nutrition and being hydrated, but what I didn’t realize was that I stressed about my water intake. I just don’t drink enough. Period. So about 3 weeks ago, I decided to give structured water a try and I’ve been truly amazed. Here’s what my routine looked like 3 weeks ago:
Alarm 1 4:30 am (hit snooze for several more rounds)
Get up 5:30am
Drink pre-workout and do devotional
CRASH! NEED CAFFEINE AGAIN 3:00pm
Hubby gets home 6:30pm and I’m done
Bed by 8:00pm
5:00-5:30 am Devotion
5:30-6:00am BUST OUT AN INCREDIBLE INSANITY MAX 30 WORKOUT! (yes, I can actually tell a difference in my workouts!)
6:00-9:00pm INCREASED ENERGY AND DECREASED FATIGUE AND NO CRASH AT 3:00PM.
How do you know if you are hydrated? Your urine should be almost clear. I know, gross, but it’s the truth. After drinking one bottle of H9, I feel good and hydrated.
Also, did you know that 7% of Americans don’t even drink an ounce of water? So many people do not understand the importance of being hydrated and things like migraines and back issues could be alleviated by HYDRATION.
Another reason, I decided to drink structured H9 water is to be the example for my kids. This is one thing that they will drink. My picky boy is now going to the bathroom (#2) every single day and my ADHD 12 year old is feeling better and her acne is getting better. What have we changed? We’ve added H9 into the plan.
Now, GO DRINK YOUR WATER!
This morning, my husband and I had a killer workout session! It’s been a few weeks since we worked out together and it was nice. No talking, just a lot of huffing and puffing and a few words of encouragement.
I captioned this photo with “The Couples that Pray and Workout Together Stay Together” but there is a LOT more to it than that. It’s constant WORK. It’s a PRIORITY.
Let me tell you it’s not easy.
It’s not easy celebrating our husband’s differences. I have a hard time being happy about his constant gum chewing or other noises he continues to make, but I can’t change him. DID YOU READ THAT?
I CAN NOT CHANGE MY HUSBAND. How do I know? I’ve spent many years trying to do it. I am divorced partly because I wanted to change my first husband. Crazy, right? Well, I think a lot of women fall into this category and when their guys don’t change, they bail or they put all their effort into the kids and the relationship fails anyways.
Ladies, Mommas, Husbands, Dads..you both have to work on yourself and your relationship with Jesus Christ while working on your other relationships. Yep, I’m gonna get preachy! Why? Because of experience. Oh man, that good ole’ thing called experience. Why would you take marriage advice for someone who’s on their second marriage? EXPERIENCE! And did you know that second marriages have a higher divorce rate? Like 80%? Not good odds at all.
Here’s the deal, I had to have a stake in the ground moment. That moment when I had to figure it out and the only way to could do it was to lean on the Lord to do it. I wanted to throw in the towel, I wanted to give up, but I refused to be repeat something that I had already done. I had repented, yes, asked forgiveness and I could not repeat that action. Nope, wasn’t happening. I was already a statistic..yes, part of the 50% of marriages that don’t last. I was not going to be a part of the 80%. I had no reason. My husband is not abusive or an adulterer. No reason whatsoever. We are different, we have different opinions and the key is awareness. We are not perfect by any means. We fought just yesterday!
The thing is we know that our relationship is fragile, it can easily be broken if we let our guard down. It can easily become the last priority.
So here’s a few tips:
1. RESPECT YOUR HUSBAND: This is so hard, you know why? Because God created women to LOVE and NUTURE..it’s deep within us to do those things. It’s not deep within us to respect and I’ll be honest, I fail daily in this area, but I’m working on it. I’m aware! This is something we learned from the Love and Respect study. One of the studies that saved us both from making a huge mistake.
2. REPECT YOUR HUSBAND IN FRONT OF YOUR KIDS: Yep, Your kids need to see that their mom respects their dad. Be the example. If you have a son, think about this…think about his future wife…would you like his future wife, your future daughter-in-law to talk to your precious baby boy the way you talk to your husband? WOW! (don’t worry, that’s when it hit me too!)
3. TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF, MIND, BODY AND SOUL. If you aren’t a healthy person, how can you have a positive relationship? You have to get the help you need. ***Disclaimer, if you think that you suffer from depression, seek professional help.*** Pray, seek HIM first, learn about God’s LOVE for you. I was expecting my husband to love me enough..guess what, I was expecting him to be Jesus. That’s a lot of pressure for any man! Also, do the work. I spent a year focusing getting my mind right so I can be the best wife, mom and business owner I can be. It took work, it took effort, it took some mindset shifting and it was WORTH IT. Exercise, eat healthy, hydrate your body, when you feel better, you make better decisions, you think more clearly, and you are more positive. It all works together.
1. LOVE YOUR WIFE AS CHRIST LOVED THE CHURCH: There it is. Love, love, love…Eros love and Agape love. It is a command. It’s not natural. You have to work at it. Just like your wife has to work at being unconditionally respectful. Check out the Love and Respect..it is truly one marriage study the guys LOVE..why? Because it deals with your number #1 need. RESPECT.
2. LOVE YOUR WIFE IN FRONT OF THE KIDS: Take up for her, Love her, back her up on decisions ESPECIALLY if she’s a stay at home mom. We got on the Crazy Cycle just yesterday because our son said he didn’t love me and that his card was for his Daddy. I was crushed. I’m with him all the time, I play with him, I tell him how strong he is, and I encourage him to be a boy and we celebrate when he farts. My husband didn’t really understand it and to be honest, he didn’t make me feel any better when I first talked to him because he wanted to fix it, he told me his observations and then the cycle begins. Back and forth until someone steps off and says enough. Guess what? He came home and was more loving especially in front of our son. He was leading by example.
3. TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF MIND, BODY AND SOUL: Your wife can not love you enough. You have to know that God is crazy about you and he made you different from her. Deal with your past hurts, failures, stuff and be the man that God commanded you to be. Also, workout, eat right, hydrate your body and be the leader of your family. You guys have a hard job.
My final point…YOU MUST WORK TOGETHER. Yes, work on yourself, but also make your marriage a priority. It has to come FIRST before anything other than your personal relationship with Jesus Christ. You get this right and everything will fall into place. You put it last, you will be divorced.
DO NOT BE A STATISTIC! Be that proud family that fights to stay together, be that proud couple that mentors others and are the examples.
For more info please check out these resources.
Now, go be GREAT!